Citroen Australia has announced it will introduce two drivetrains for Cactus; a turbocharged petrol manual and turbo-diesel semi-automatic.
Due for local launch during the first quarter of 2016, the Cactus will bring with a range of innovative technologies paired to unparalleled customisation and Citroen’s leading 6 year warranty, service and support program.
General Manager for Citroen Australia, John Startari, said the addition of C4 Cactus to the local line-up signals the rebirth of Citroen in Australia.
“The C4 Cactus is the best example of products coming from Citroen in the future; fun, vibrant, customisable, efficient, practical and absolutely unique,” said Startari
“In a market full of same-same styling the C4 Cactus makes a statement and it is one we believe will resonate with Australians.
“Paired with Citroen’s leading 6 year warranty, capped-price servicing and roadside assist program, the Cactus is a vehicle that will appeal to the heart and the head,” said Startari.
Locally, C4 cactus will be offered with two drivetrains, featuring stop-start technology as well as:
- PSA’s highly awarded PureTech 81kW, 205Nm 1.2L turbo-petrol three-cylinder engine paired to a five speed manual transmission or,
- A 68kW, 230Nm 1.6L turbo-diesel paired to a 6 speed semi-automatic transmission.
Drivetrains aside Citroen designers and engineers aimed to develop a vehicle that turns convention on its head, delivering unique solutions to issues surrounding modern motoring.
The response to the brief is captured in five key developments:
- Airbump®, an innovation by CITROËN. Useful, attractive and customisable, this graphic feature enhances vehicle design while protecting the bodywork;
- A fully digital, intuitive interface and airy, connected driving position with controls grouped around a 7-inch touch screen, fitted as standard;
- Wide sofa-style seats at the front;
- Front passenger airbag transferred to the roof (Airbag In Roof technology), an exclusive that creates more room and storage space for the front passenger;
- An optional panoramic glazed roof with advanced heat protection;
While final specification is to be confirmed for Australia, the C4 Cactus is expected to highly specified.
As standard Exclusive petrol models are expected to feature:
- 81kW, 205Nm 1.2 litre turbo petrol PureTech drivetrain with manual transmission;
- 7” Touch Screen with eMyWay Satellite Navigation;
- Reverse camera with rear parking sonar;
- DAB+ Digital Radio with 6 Speakers and ARKAMYS Digital Amplifier;
- Bluetooth connectivity and USB input;
- Automatic Lights & Wipers with Magic Wash;
- Climate control air conditioning;
- Cruise Control & Speed Limiter with Favourite Speed Memory;
- Cornering Fog Lights;
- 17” Bi-tone Cross alloy wheels with 15” Steel spare tyre;
- Tyre pressure monitors;
- Electronic assistants (ABS/EBD/EBA/ESC/HSA);
- Six airbags (front driver, roof passenger, front sides & two curtain);
- Bi-tone leather steering wheel with chrome insert & controls;
- Height adjustable driver’s seat;
- Electric front windows and pop out (6cm) rear windows;
- Electronically adjustable mirrors;
- PLIP with central locking;
- Seatbelt unfastening warning on all seats;
- Piano black roof bars, mirrors, blank rear insert & rear spoiler surround;
- Centre console and armrest with storage;
- Ventilated disc brakes front and drum brakes rear;
- Top box 8.5L storage compartment;
- Black Airbump;
- 12 volt socket and cup holder in cabin;
- Front sun-visors with driver’s courtesy mirror;
- 60/40 split rear seats;
- Guide-me-home lighting, selective unlocking and auto rear wiper in reverse;
- LED Courtesy and Map Lights.
Exclusive diesel models are expected to feature the following over the Exclusive petrol:
- A 68kW, 230Nm 1.6 litre turbo-diesel drivetrain with six-speed semi-automatic;
- “Easy Push” Gear Selector and paddle shifters on steering wheel;
- Aircraft-style manual handbrake;
- Bench seat with armrest.
A variety of optional equipment will be available across both models including; exterior colour, interior trim, panoramic sunroof, coloured bumps (includes front and rear highlights), roof rails, side mirror caps, C-Pillar highlights and wheels.
Final pricing and specification will be available following completion of local evaluation and closer to the models first quarter 2016 introduction.