- Wireframe sculptures preview world’s first luxury compact SUV convertible
- Prestigious London locations including Harrods host unique models
- Full-size installations are 1:1 scale representation of Evoque Convertible
- World’s first compact luxury SUV Convertible to be revealed in November 2015
London UK, Friday 2nd October –Londoners were stopped in their tracks today as Land Rover placed a collection of full-size Range Rover Evoque Convertible ‘wireframe’ sculptures in the iconic streets of the UK’s capital.
The installations were displayed outside prestigious London locations including the world famous Harrods department store on Brompton Road, Knightsbridge and in notable Mayfair addresses.
The bespoke sculptures were designed by Land Rover’s own Design team, using advanced computer modelling to accurately outline the shape of the forthcoming Evoque Convertible. Crafted from aluminium and finished in a range of vibrant colours, the wireframes illustrate the elegant evolution of the Range Rover Evoque’s transformation from coupe to convertible.
Following on from the original Evoque wireframes designed by Benedict Radcliffe back in 2011 and used to launch the Evoque, the 1:1 scale works of art include 3D wheels as well as front and rear seats. Six Convertible wireframes have been produced to give the public a chance to see how the Evoque Convertible will look in its natural urban environment. Each wireframe will now begin a global tour as Land Rover builds up to the introduction in November of the latest addition to the growing Range Rover family.
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Design Director and Chief Creative Officer, said: “The Range Rover Evoque Convertible is perfectly suited to the urban surroundings of a city like London and it’s the perfect place to showcase the world’s first luxury compact SUV convertible. The locations chosen reflect the refined and luxurious lifestyle of an Evoque Convertible customer – two attributes this vehicle will deliver plentifully.”
- Since 1948 Land Rover has been manufacturing authentic 4x4s that represent true ‘breadth of capability’ across the model range. Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque each define the world’s 4×4 sectors, with 80% of this model range exported to over 170 countries.