- WWE Superstar, actor and reality television show host John Cena surprises two Invictus Games competitors and their family members with an unforgettable VIP chauffeur experience
- Cena plays the role of Surprise Chauffeur in hidden camera stunt in a bespoke Range Rover Sport SVR https://youtu.be/_fFvz8TAX0U
- Jaguar Land Rover are the Presenting Partner of the Invictus Games and proud sponsors of the US and UK Teams.
WWE Superstar, actor and reality television show host John Cena astonishes two Invictus Games competitors and their family members with an unforgettable VIP chauffeur experience in a Range Rover Sport SVR.
Cena, an Invictus Games ambassador for Jaguar Land Rover, collected unsuspecting US team members Tino Ulli and his girlfriend Shari Trujillo and Joshua Jablon and his girlfriend Lindsey Green, and chauffeured them to ESPN Wide World of Sport, the venue for the Games hosted in Orlando between May 8-12.
Hidden cameras were installed in the Range Rover Sport to film the passengers reactions, which can be viewed here https://youtu.be/_fFvz8TAX0U
John Cena said: “I’m honoured to be part of the Invictus Games in Orlando this year and have the opportunity to meet with some of the US team. It was a lot of fun taking on the role of surprise chauffeur and I was pleased to have the opportunity to get to know the competitors and their family members. We are all indebted to our servicemen and women and I fully support the Games and the opportunity it gives us all to recognize the heroes of our nation. I wish all the competitors the very best of luck for the final stages of the Games.”
Joshua Jablon, a retired Marine Lance corporal from Mankato, Minnesota who is affected by invisible injury PTSD, has earned a silver medal in discus throw and a gold in shotput during the Games. Tino Ulli is a retired Air Force Staff Sergeant competing in rowing, powerlifting and shotput, and is also affected by PTSD.
The WWE Superstar will also be featured in the Invictus Games Closing Ceremony, presenting the ‘ Land Rover Above and Beyond Award’ to an individual who has gone above and beyond not only what is expected as a competitor, but also as a teammate at the Invictus Games. It is judged on sportsmanship, commitment to the Games and demonstration of an inspiring example of ‘Invictus Spirit’. This in addition to the Jaguar Exceptional Performance Award which will be presented to a competitor who has achieved outstanding performances throughout Games week, displaying true determination and dedication.
Launched in 2014 by Prince Harry, the second edition of the Games is taking place from May 8-12 2016 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando. Jaguar Land Rover also recently announced that it will continue as Presenting Partner of the 2017 Invictus Games to be held in Toronto, Canada.
The Invictus Games are the international adaptive sporting event for wounded, ill and injured servicemen and servicewomen, both serving and Veteran. The inaugural Invictus Games, held in London in September 2014, saw over 400 competitors from 13 nations compete in nine sports. The Invictus Games 2016 will see 500 competitors from 14 nations compete in 10 sports: Athletics; Archery; Wheelchair Basketball; Road Cycling; Powerlifting; Indoor Rowing; Wheelchair Rugby; Swimming, Sitting Volleyball, and a new sport for 2016, Wheelchair Tennis.
About Jaguar Land Rover and its support of the Invictus Games
- Jaguar Land Rover is proud to be the presenting partner of the 2016 Invictus Games, the international sporting event for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women using sport to inspire recovery, support rehabilitation and generate a wider understanding and respect of those who serve the country.
- Jaguar Land Rover first signed the Armed Forces Covenant in July 2014 – a written and publicised voluntary pledge from businesses and charitable organizations who wish to demonstrate their concrete support for the Armed Forces community.
- Since 2013 Jaguar Land Rover has hired over 200 former servicemen and servicewomen in the UK, working closely with the Career Transition Partnership, the Ministry of Defence’s (MoD’s) official provider of Armed Forces resettlement.
- Jaguar Land Rover’s commitment to the Armed Forces and Veteran community was further extended through the recent announcement of the Jaguar Land Rover CALIBRE Partnership. This collaboration will fund the training and hiring of 180 U.S. Service Members this year across North American retailers, and follows the recruitment of over 200 Transitioning Service Members, Veterans, and currently serving members of the National Guard and Reserve in the UK since 2013.
- The company has a growing number of initiatives, including a work placement scheme, launched in October 2014 in conjunction with the Ministry of Defence’s Career Transition Partnership (Assist) and Mission Motorsport – The Armed Forces’ Motorsport Charity. The scheme helps wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women find a fulfilling and long-term second career.