Well the all new CX5 was pretty bloody good. What Mazda have done is focus on two key areas as well as some price reductions. That’s always a handy feature.
The two key areas are
- Improvements to the engines in power and fuel efficiency and
- Improvements in safety features.
The 2018 CX5 is available in five model variants, two engine options and two drivetrain options. Prices range from $28,690 – $49,190 MLP.
MLP is Manufacturers list price and doesn’t include things such as stamp duty or dealer delivery, registration or insurance etc. For a RDAP see your local dealer. It does include GST and LCT.
This indicates price drops across the range: the Maxx Sport and Touring variants will retail for $400 less than the previous model, while GT and Akera will retail for $800 less than the previous model
As mentioned the Mazda CX5 comes in five models
- Maxx – all engines drivetrains and transmissions
- Maxx Sport – all engines drivetrains and AT
- Touring- 2 engines and AWD and AT only
- GT – 2 engines and AWD and AT only
- Akera – 2 engines and AWD and AT only
The various combinations and pricing are best explained in the following table;
Nothing has changed with the exterior for the 2018 update. This is a good thing as the CX5 looks great as it is.
Available with a choice of eight contemporary colours including Soul Red Crystal Metallic, Eternal Blue Mica, Machine Grey Metallic, Sonic Silver Metallic, Snowflake White Pearl Mica, Titanium Flash Mica, Deep Crystal Blue Mica and Jet Black Mica
In short the Mazda CX5 looks very stylish and gets a big tick from me for looks
Again there are no changes to the interior for the update.
Obviously the top spec models have more bells and whistles, but even the entry level spec conveys these same four attributes.
Interior trims include Black cloth, Black Maztex/Black synthetic suede, Black leather and a Pure White leather option, which looks smart but I really question white as a trim option in what is essentially a family car.
- 17-inch steel wheels with 225/65 tyres
- Headlamps (LED)
- Power mirrors (body coloured with electric folding)
- Front seats with: height adjustment and seat back pockets
- Rear seats with: reclining function and 40/20/40 split fold backrest