- Jaw-dropping looks, breathtaking performance: 177kW @ 6,000rpm, 350Nm @ 2,200rpm and 0 to 100km/h in a blistering 4.5 seconds
- Race-inspired performance: 4C offers advanced materials and technological solutions from Formula 1 including carbon-fibre monocoque, aluminum chassis structures and a composite body shell for an ultra-lightweight design with incredible performance
- State-of-the-art powertrain technology: all-aluminum 1750cc direct-injection turbocharged engine with intercooler, dual variable-valve timing and advanced scavenging technology is paired to a blistering fast Alfa TCT (twin-clutch transmission) with Alfa DNA selector
- Excellence made in Italy: Alfa Romeo 4C combines the best technical and manufacturing competencies of two brands, Alfa Romeo and Maserati
- The all-new Alfa Romeo 4C coupe has arrived in Australia with an MSRP of just $89,000
- Also available as limited-edition, generously specified Launch Edition, with an MSRP of just $109,000
Alfa Romeo’s stunning 4C is set to take Australia’s supercar segment by storm, offering F1-inspired technology, jaw-dropping looks and phenomenal performance at an incredibly attainable price.
“Coupled with our dealers, we are thrilled to be bringing this sensational new Alfa Romeo to Australia,” said FCA Australia President & CEO, Pat Dougherty.
“The 4C marks the dawn of an exciting new era for Alfa Romeo. This is a true Italian supercar offered at a price that is within reach of many Australians.
“The 4C is the first of an outstanding fleet of Alfa Romeo products and all will share the 4C’s focus on style, performance and luxury”.
Alfa Romeo’s halo sportscar has arrived in two distinct variants, the uniquely appointed Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition with a MSRP of $109,000, and the stunning Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe with an MSRP of $89,000. The 4C Launch Edition is limited to 1,300 units worldwide, of which Australia has secured an initial allocation of 75 units.
Both models offer stunning mid-engine proportions, near-perfect weight distribution and each draws inspiration from the brand’s proud racing heritage to combine design and technology for maximum performance. The Alfa Romeo 4C is inspired by the century-old tradition of Alfa Romeo and projects the brand’s values for the future: Italian style, performance and engineering excellence, offering maximum driving satisfaction in total safety. The “4C” name recalls Alfa Romeo’s great sporting tradition: the acronyms 8C and 6C in the 1930s and 1940s distinguished racing and road cars fitted with powerful eight and six cylinder engines. The Alfa Romeo 4C model’s designation continues this tradition with the latest all-aluminum 1750cc turbocharged direct injection four-cylinder engine.
Designed to be innovative and revolutionary The Alfa Romeo 4C confirms its supercar credentials by offering:
- Most advanced and innovative engines
- A unique set of F1-inspired technical solutions
- Performance-inspired power-to-weight ratios
- Distinctly Italian design and ground-breaking performance
Supercar performance, compact size
Thanks to Alfa Romeo 4C’s advanced technological solutions and compact size, the coupe demonstrates its precision, agility and performance credentials with:
- 400cm overall length
- 186cm overall width
- 118cm overall height
- 257km/h top speed
- 0-to-100km/h acceleration of 4.5secs
- 0.335 Coefficient of drag (Cd)
- Lateral acceleration >1.1 g
- Maximum braking deceleration > 1.25g
- 1,025kg tare mass
High-tech 1750 Turbo engine and Alfa TCT pair for exceptional performance and drivability
The engine is the beating heart of any Alfa Romeo, and for the 4C, it beats to an all-new 1750cc direct-injection, all-aluminum engine. To ensure exceptional performance and drivability on the racetrack or city streets, this new engine features cutting-edge technical solutions, including direct-injection, intercooler, dual (intake and exhaust) continuous variable-valve timing (VVT), a crankshaft with eight counterweights, and intake and exhaust systems optimized for Alfa Romeo 4C’s mid-engine layout.
A new generation turbocharger features a pulse-converter exhaust manifold to exploit pressure waves and boost torque at low-engine speeds. A waste gate valve adjusts turbo pressure and improves the engine’s efficiency. Advanced scavenging technology enables the Alfa Romeo 4C to maximize torque at low engine speeds and deliver more response to driver input by increasing combustion efficiency and turbine speed, all while eliminating turbo lag. As a result, torque delivery is instantaneous, with a peak of 350Nm; 80 percent of which is available at only 1,700rpm.
Teamed to the all-aluminum engine is a paddle-shifting Alfa TCT twin-clutch transmission, which has been specifically tuned for the all-new Alfa Romeo 4C. With its uniquely calibrated software that adjusts with the Alfa DNA selector system, the Alfa TCT’s gearshifts are designed to become most aggressive in the Dynamic and Race modes. The Alfa TCT system also integrates a “launch control” mode – delivering the utmost acceleration possible as soon as the driver releases the brake.
Innovative Alfa DNA selector
The all-new Alfa Romeo 4C features the brand’s innovative Alfa DNA selector with “Race” mode – enabling the driver to optimize the right level of performance through four modes. With a touch of the Alfa DNA selector, the character of the Alfa Romeo 4C can be changed to (in order of increasing capability):
- All-weather – designed to ensure maximum control under adverse weather conditions and enables gentler accelerator input and special engine and brake control logic to match road speed and prevent skidding.
- Natural – enables grand touring comfort and smooth drivability for the Alfa TCT gearbox.
- Dynamic – enables improved driving performance via a more aggressive powertrain calibration and less intrusive electronic stability control (ESC) setting.
- Race – is the most extreme performance mode, putting the driver in total control of the car under race conditions. ESC and anti-slip regulation (ASR) are deactivated to allow the driver to control traction through the accelerator pedal. The Alfa Romeo Electronic Q2 different