PEBBLE BEACH: BENTLEY MOTORS GEARS UP FOR CENTENARY COUNTDOWN AT MONTEREY AUTO WEEK
Bentley today announced the models that the British marque will showcase during the Monterey Car Week in California August 23 – 26
Pebble Beach CONCOURS d’ELEGANCE is a long running show of classic cars.
- Public debut of Mulsanne W.O. Limited Edition by Mulliner – a special car to celebrate company’s forthcoming historic milestone
- New Continental GT, Bentayga V8 and Hybrid models joined on stand by record-breaking Pikes Peak Bentayga
- The Home of Bentley showcases British craftsmanship and design
- Display of rare historic models to include iconic 8 Litre and R Type
- Bentley pays homage to past and future at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Concept Lawn
The centrepiece on display will be the Mulsanne W.O. Edition by Mulliner.
It is a limited edition model that celebrates the company’s forthcoming centenary. Bentley will also highlight the Bentayga V8 and Bentayga Hybrid models.
The Mulsanne W.O. Edition by Mulliner pays homage to W.O. Bentley’s famous 1930 design and incorporates a genuine slice of crankshaft from the founder’s own personal car.
It is a true collector’s item. It makes its global public debut as the centrepiece of Bentley’s wide-ranging presence at one of the world’s most glamorous motoring occasions.
It can also be viewed on August 24 at the Quail: A Motorsports Gathering. On August 26 at the Concept Lawn, its inspiration, the 8-Litre, at Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance will also make an appreance.
It will be joined by two new versions of the Bentley Bentayga, the world’s most luxurious SUV.
Once, Bentley and Rolls Royce cars were identical but for their badges. The split came in the early 21st century as BMW completed the purchase of Rolls Royce Motor Cars, with Bentley going to the VW Group.
The distinct designs can now be seen with Bentley models having a sports focus and Rolls Royce continuing their luxury line.
Both companies have existed since the dawn of automobiles.