Ford Performance models and Ford Mustang in Australia will be offered exclusive complimentary membership of the Ford Performance Club, launched today by Edsel Ford II, Board of Directors, Ford Motor Company, and Mark Rushbrook, Director, Motorsport, Ford Performance, at the Vodafone Gold Coast 600. The Membership includes a welcome package in addition to access to the exclusive Ford Performance Club membership portal, which will provide unique offers, news and services.
“Ford has a long tradition of racing, and a proud heritage in motorsport and enthusiast models,” said Edsel Ford II, Board of Directors, Ford Motor Company, at the Gold Coast Supercars event. “The Ford Performance philosophy is based on design, innovation and adrenaline, and bringing this Ford Performance DNA to our road-going models for our customers to enjoy.”
“Ford Performance models take what we learn on race tracks and rally circuits around the world, in the heat of competition, to deliver the next level of innovation and technology to our enthusiast models,” said Mark Rushbrook, Director, Motorsport, Ford Performance. “We use the expertise we develop in competition to design and engineer performance vehicles that excite and inspire.”
The Ford Performance Club will be included as a complimentary package for eligible Ford Performance vehicles, and eligible Ford Mustang models. In 2020, the Ford Performance line-up in Australia will expand to include the Fiesta ST and Focus ST models, in addition to the Ranger Raptori. The Club was launched at the Vodafone Gold Coast 600, where Ranger Raptor customer, Ryan O’Neill, was presented with the very first Ford Performance Welcome Pack.
“The Ford Performance Club is something we know customers have been looking for, and brings a higher level of engagement and opportunity for owners to be part of shaping the future of Ford Performance here,” said Kay Hart, President and CEO of Australia and New Zealand. “It’s a privilege to have the opportunity to present Ryan O’Neill, the proud new owner of a 2020.25 Ford Performance Ranger Raptor, who we welcome as our first official member of the Ford Performance Club in Australia.”
The Ford Performance Club brings the following benefits:
- Ford Performance Welcome Pack, consisting of:
- Ford Performance-branded textured presentation box
- Ford GT 1:18 scale model in Liquid Blue
- Exclusive Ford Performance Mac Pac Uber Light down jacket
- Ford Performance card with membership number
- Access to Ford Performance Membership Portal, providing members’ special offers, event details, news and other benefits
Ford Performance Club Membership will be exclusive to the following MY2020 models:
- Ford Performance MY2020.25 Fiesta ST (coming in 2020)
- Ford Performance MY2020.25 Focus ST (coming in 2020)
- Ford Performance MY2020.25 Ranger Raptor (coming in December 2019)
- Ford Mustang MY2020 2.3L High Performance Fastback (coming in 2020)
- Ford Mustang MY2020 2.3L High Performance Convertible (coming in 2020)
- Ford Mustang MY2020 GT Fastback (coming December 2019)
- Ford Mustang MY2020 GT Convertible (coming December 2019)
- Ford Mustang MY2020 R-SPEC (coming in 2020)
For 2019, Mustang joined the NHRA, NASCAR Cup and XFinity Series in North America. In Australia, Mustang made its competition debut in the premier motor racing category, Supercars, with Shell V-Power Racing and Tickford Racing teams. Mustang currently leads the 2019 Supercars series, with victory in its debut race at the Adelaide 500 and more recently its first Bathurst 1000 victory. Eight Mustangs will compete in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship in 2020, with Kelly Racing fielding two Mustangs for the season.
All eligible Ford Performance Club models come with Ford Service Benefits, including a five-year unlimited kilometre warranty. Ford Performance Club Membership is standard with models listed above, when purchased new through Ford dealerships in Australia.