- All-new Mondeo hatch with TDCi diesel engine fuel economy of 5.1 l/100km* offers better economy than Camry Hybrid rated at just 5.2 l/100kms
- All-new Mondeo with 177 kW EcoBoost technology is 30% more powerful than the 135 kW 2.5-litre petrol Toyota Camry engine
- SYNC2 featuring Satellite Navigation with ‘one shot’ voice entry for destination input, DAB radio and Emergency Assistance standard across the range
- Optional driver assistance features on Mondeo not available on Toyota Camry includes Active City Stop, which can help avoid or mitigate rear end collisions at speeds up to 40 km/h
MELBOURNE, 3 Dec., 2014 – Ford has confirmed details of its six-model line-up for its 2015 all-new Mondeo range with the new Mondeo hatch TDCi fuel economy of 5.1 l/100km* offering better fuel economy than the Toyota Camry Hybrid rated at just 5.2 l/100kms.
Ford’s fuel-efficient EcoBoost technology will be standard across the range, as well as top-of-the-line safety features rivalling other similar vehicles, including the Toyota Camry.
Customers will have the choice of three engine technology variants on the Mondeo. The Mondeo Ambiente will be equipped with a 149kW / 345 Nm EcoBoost engine or optional 132 kW / 400 Nm TDCi diesel while the Trend and Titanium models will offer a high output 177 kW version of the EcoBoost engine or frugal TDCi diesel.
All variants will be offered standard with Ford’s latest-generation PowerShift six-speed transmission that is stronger, more efficient and quieter in operation.
The Mondeo with the high output 177 kW EcoBoost engine is 30 per cent more powerful than the 135 kW 2.5-litre petrol Toyota Camry engine.
EcoBoost technology continues as a cornerstone of Ford’s product onslaught in 2015, starting with Mondeo, which gives customers the performance they want with the fuel economy they desire. EcoBoost is core to Ford’s commitment to improve fuel efficiency across its range.
Mondeo’s optional features list includes an array of driver assistance features not found on other mid-size cars such as Toyota Camry. Optional features that can be found on Mondeo include:
- Lane Keeping System can alert the driver if they drift out of their lane by vibrating the steering wheel and will direct them back into their lane by automatically applying steering torque unless, of course, their indicator is on.
- Adaptive Cruise Control can sense if traffic is slowing and automatically slows to maintain a pre-determined distance from the car in front. When the traffic clears, it goes back to the driver’s pre-set speed.
- Forward Collision Warning sounds an audible alert when it senses a reduction in traffic speed ahead and, if the possibility of a collision is detected; audible and visual warnings are activated to alert the driver.
- Enhanced Active Park Assist takes the stress out of parking by not only finding a spot that’s just the right fit, but also by steering into parallel and perpendicular parking spaces itself.
- Active City Stop can help avoid or mitigate rear end collisions at speeds up to 40 km/h.
All Mondeo models feature a comprehensive list of standard safety, convenience and comfort features which include:
- MyKey, which allows parents to set limits and guidelines for young drivers, helping parents keep teenagers safe.
- Emergency Assistance, which activates in the event of an accident where an airbag is deployed or the emergency fuel pump shut off is triggered and will attempt to connect with emergency operators and inform them of the accident and provide the GPS location coordinates of the vehicle when paired with a mobile phone that is in range.
- SYNC2 with voice control tuned for the Australian accent allows for easier access to audio, navigation, climate control and connected devices including smart phones to allow the driver to keep their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- 8-inch Hi-Resolution Colour Touch Screen provides an easy point of entry to manage the vehicle’s climate, phone, navigation and infotainment controls. Split into four coloured quadrants, the 8” screen makes it easy for drivers to quickly and intuitively access the system they wish to adjust through large, easy to access buttons on SYNC2.
- Inflatable Rear Seatbelts – a Ford Australia first – are designed to operate like conventional seat belts, which in an event of a crash deploy over an occupant’s torso and shoulder in 40 milliseconds.
- Electronic Park Brake makes it effortless to apply the park brake through the simple touch of a button.
- Hill Launch Assist activates when you take your foot off the brake to put it on the accelerator, the system holds the brake pressure for up to three seconds, giving you time to press the accelerator and pull away without rolling back.
- Paddle Shifters offer a sporty and intuitive alternative to change gears on Mondeo’s dual-clutch PowerShift transmission
- Driver Impairment Monitor, which observes driver behaviour and fatigue. Using a forward facing camera to monitor the vehicle’s position in the lane and calculate a vigilance level for the driver, an audible chime will sound to alert the d