On Monday, Ford will debut the Mustang coupe for the first time in Australia at the 2014 Go Further event to mark an acceleration of the company’s transformation and product onslaught
- Ford also will stage the Asia Pacific regional reveal of the 2015 Focus and Focus ST, which are expected to offer even more advanced safety and enhanced fuel efficiency
- Ford plans a banner year in 2015 with introductions of the new or refreshed vehicles like the Mondeo, Focus, Focus ST, Everest, Ranger and Mustang coupe and convertible
- New Ford Mustang is modern and technologically advanced with EcoBoost engine technology, MyKey and SYNC2 connectivity with Emergency Assistance
MELBOURNE, 05 Dec., 2014 – The Australian debut of the Mustang coupe will anchor Ford’s Go Further event on Monday as the iconic pony car paces an Australian transformation that accelerates in 2015 with a hectic year of new product launches.
The Mustang promises world-class levels of performance, technology and refinement while embracing the Mustang’s iconic global status and heritage. The Mustang is modern and technologically advanced with EcoBoost engine technology, MyKey and SYNC2 connectivity with Emergency Assistance
“The 2014 Go Further event is another proof point in our transformation and a clear indication of the speed and breadth of the change happening at Ford, from the customer experience, right through to our sales and service,” said Bob Graziano, Ford Australia President and CEO. “2015 also marks an acceleration of new model introductions that will continue through the balance of the decade.”
Ford will also debut the freshened 2015 Focus and Focus ST for the first time in Asia Pacific. The Focus features an even more emotive exterior design, a finely crafted, intuitive new interior, and a suite of life-enhancing new technologies and is also expected to offer fuel efficiency improvements.
Ford will also detail more about the wave of new products next year as the company plans to refresh its entire lineup by 2017. In addition to Mustang and Focus, the new vehicles include:
- 2015 Ford Mondeo: The all-new, stylish and technologically advanced Mondeo mid-size sedan arrives early in 2015. The new Mondeo will feature at least 10 advanced features not available on Camry, including a diesel model that will be more fuel efficient than Camry Hybrid.
- 2015 Ford Kuga: The newly launched Ford Kuga will be freshened in early 2015 with a new 178 kW 2.0 EcoBoost engine on high series models that offers 30 per cent more power than Toyota’s RAV-4.
- 2015 Ford Everest: The Australian designed and engineered Everest is a technologically advanced, stunningly capable and refined seven-seat SUV that will be launched in 2015.
- 2015 Ford Ranger: A freshened version of the tough, capable and Australian-created Ranger will arrive in 2015 to build on its momentum after cutting Toyota Hilux’s sales lead by 38 per cent since 2011.