The Hyundai Veloster‘s unique design and exceptional package has become an instant success in Australia and now the naturally aspirated Veloster range is joined by the all-new Veloster SR Turbo delivering enhanced levels of performance and specification.
Designed at Hyundai’s Namyang R&D Centre in Korea, the Veloster range demonstrates the company’s ‘Fluidic Sculpture’ language, challenging conventional sports car design theories with the introduction of the game-changing 2+1 door concept, which offers a unique forward-hinged third door located on the passenger side for easy rear-seat access and a single door on the driver’s side.
The Veloster SR Turbo adds some spice to the affordable sports car market. Powered by the all-new Gamma 1.6-litre four-cylinder twin-scroll Turbo Gasoline Direct Injection (T-GDI) engine, the Veloster SR Turbo delivers 46% more peak power (150 kW @ 6000 rpm) and 60% more maximum torque (265Nm @ 1750 – 4500 rpm) than the naturally aspirated 1.6-litre GDI engine found in the Veloster and Veloster + models. The Veloster SR Turbo is available with the option of a six-speed manual gearbox or six-speed automatic transmission, the latter fitted with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.
With manufacturer’s list pricing starting at $31,990*, the Veloster SR Turbo balances performance and practicality with affordability.
Key Features of the Veloster SR Turbo:
- All-new Gamma 1.6-litre four-cylinder twin-scroll Turbo Gasoline Direct Injection (T-GDI) engine
- 265 Nm @ 1750 – 4500 rpm, a 60% increase in maximum torque over the existing Veloster and Veloster +
- 150 kW @ 6000 rpm, a 46% increase in peak power over the existing Veloster and Veloster +
- Fuel economy of 6.8 L/100km (man) and 7.6 L/100km (auto)#
- Six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions (auto with paddle shifters)
- Australian tuned suspension and steering
- 5-star ANCAP safety rating
- Sports body kit incorporating front grille, side skirts, rear spoiler, and diffuser
- Panoramic glass sunroof with motorised sunblind
- Six airbags
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) with Electronic Stability Control (ESC) & Traction Control System (TCS)
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) incorporating Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist System (BAS)
- 7″ LCD touch screen with MP3 CD player and AM/FM radio tuner
- Satellite Navigation with SUNA live traffic and three-year NAVTEQ MapCare plan^
- Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls
- Rear view camera (integrated into 7″ LCD centre mounted screen)
- Rear park assist
- Premium audio system feat