- Australian pricing to start from $53 300 RRP (TD4 SE manual)
- Retail deliveries commence 1st May 2015
- Bold and progressive design defines the new Discovery family of vehicles
- Room for seven passengers, in a 5+2 configuration
- New multi-link rear suspension for superior on-road agility and off-road ability
- Roomy and versatile cabin with a compact exterior footprint
- Both 9-speed automatic and 6-speed manual transmissions are available with the 110kW or 140Kw 2.2-litre turbo diesel models
- The 177kW Si4 2.0-litre petrol engine is fitted with the 9-speed automatic transmission as standard
- All powertrains are four-wheel-drive.
- Exceptional all-terrain performance courtesy of optimized off-road geometry, plus Terrain Response®
- Connected on-road handling with electric power-assisted steering
- Standard fit Autonomous Emergency Braking designed to help the driver avoid collisions
- New 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with intuitive controls and an expansive connectivity package $41490
- Discovery Sport achieves maximum five star safety rating from Euro NCAP following rigorous tests
- First Land Rover to feature all-new safety features, such as Pedestrian Airbag and Autonomous Emergency Braking System
Sydney, Australia January 14, 2015 – Land Rover Australia today announced RRP for the new Discovery Sport is starting from $53,300. The new Land Rover Discovery Sport is a versatile premium compact SUV that is the first member of the new Discovery vehicle family. A dynamic design with a compact footprint provides seven-passenger seating in a “5+2” configuration. The 2015 Discovery Sport will deliver a highly refined combination of performance, safety and efficiency thanks to a body shell of high-strength steel and lightweight aluminum, Both 9-speed automatic and 6-speed manual transmissions are available in the two versions of 2.2-litre diesel models (TD4 110kW and SD4 140kW) producing 420Nm of torque. The Si4 2.0-litre petrol engine is fitted with the 9-speed automatic transmission as standard and all powertrains are four-wheel-drive.
New Land Rover innovations debut in the Discovery Sport, including available Autonomous Emergency Braking and a new touchscreen infotainment system2.
“The Discovery Sport is the perfect vehicle for the Australian terrain and climate,” said Michael Winkler Jaguar Land Rover Australia Managing Director. “Not only is it capable and luxurious, its price point makes it available to even more Australians who want to enter the compact premium SUV market.”
Designed and engineered at the Land Rover Development Centre in the UK, the Discovery Sport will be produced at the company’s award-winning manufacturing facility in Halewood, Liverpool, in the United Kingdom. It goes on sale in May 2015 alongside the existing Land Rover Discovery in Australia, which is sold in over 170 markets worldwide.
The Land Rover Discovery Sport will offer a comprehensive range of personalisation options, including:
- Black Pack: a gloss-black grille, door mirror caps, front fender vents, hood and tailgate lettering and a choice of 19- or 20-inch alloy wheel designs
- Contrast roof in Santorini Black or Corris Grey that extends to the base of the A-pillars
- A range of seven distinctive alloy wheel designs – including the striking Aero Viper – is available with a selection of Silver or Gloss Black finish, depending on wheel design
- Front and rear undershields, together with tubular stainless-steel side steps with a highly polished finish, underscore the vehicle’s all-terrain capability. Noble-silver painted door-mirror caps complement the look
- Full panoramic roof with a dark tint and a special surface treatment for solar protection makes the cabin feel even more spacious. A power-retracting shade offers additional sun shielding
- Available accessory luggage compartment rails create a highly configurable luggage area, and can be specified in conjunction with a Retention Kit featuring a telescopic crossbeam and retractable band to secure loose items