Outback 2.5i is now priced from $37,490 Manufacturer’s List Price (MLP)* yet adds around $2500 of value.
The addition of EyeSight™ driver assist technology to the range-topping Outback 3.6R Premium is one of several new features in the recreational Outback wagon range including:
- Satellite navigation with reversing camera added to Outback 2.5i and 2.5i Premium standard equipment list
- USB connectivity for Outback 2.5i
- Subaru’s EyeSight™ system for Outback 3.6R Premium
- Full size spare alloy wheel, replacing temporary full size spares on all variants
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “Outback’s status and success as the original cross-over wagon is built on its ever-evolving capability.
“These latest changes again prove our commitment to comprehensive specification and value, all wrapped in the reassurance of five-star safety and genuine All-Wheel Drive capability.
“Every Outback now has a reversing camera, while at the top of the range, EyeSight again underlines Subaru’s strength in spearheading affordable safety.
“Then there’s the efficiency of our diesels, which in independent testing are easily capable of passing 1000 kilometres from a 65 litre fuel tank, which is incredibly frugal.
“Outback continues to pioneer and build on its rock solid credentials for durability, safety, flexibility and resale value.”
EyeSight™ uses minute stereo cameras located in a single compact unit near the rear-view mirror, to recognise a variety of potential road hazards and alert the driver.
EyeSightTM is a driver assistance system combining active, passive and preventative safety technologies.
The system underlines Subaru’s long-term safety commitment, which includes independent five-star ratings for occupant safety across its entire range, from the Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP).
EyeSightTM has been extensively tested locally for the last 12 months by engineers from both Subaru Australia and Fuji Heavy Industries, the maker of Subaru vehicles.
The system includes seven key functions:
- Pre-Collision Braking – applies the brakes when a vehicle ahead is detected slowing or stopping suddenly (and the driver has failed to apply the brakes).
- Pre-Collision Brake Assist – if the system determines that a collision is highly likely and the driver applies the brakes, the system can generate 1G maximum deceleration to help reduce impact or damage.
- Pre-Collision Throttle Management – if a driver accidentally applies full throttle close to a barrier or large object situated in front of the car (such as a car park wall or vehicle immediately ahead at close range), EyeSightTM inhibits the throttle opening, helping minimize or potentially avoid impact. This will also assist in helping to reduce impacts in situations when ‘Drive’ is accidentally selected instead of ‘Reverse.’
- Adaptive Cruise Control – is designed to maintain a safe distance from the ‘target’ car in front irrespective of the varying speed of that vehicle.
- Lane Departure Warning – alerts the driver if the system determines that the car is drifting across clearly marked lanes.
- Vehicle Sway Warning – alerts the driver if the car starts to sway from one side of the road to another, which may occur with fatigue.
- Lead Vehicle Start Alert – when the EyeSightTM-equipped vehicle is stopped and the vehicle in front starts to move, the driver receives an audible reminder and information display indicator notifying them that the vehicle in front has moved.
EyeSightTM is designed to actively assist drivers in avoiding frontal collisions, lane drifting and low speed impacts.
It can ‘lock on’ to vehicles directly in front and, when used together with adaptive cruise control, can slow, stop and accelerate to maintain a safe distance.
EyeSightTM can also recognise pedestrians, motorcycles and cyclists within its field of vision.
Depending on conditions, EyeSightTM can use pre-crash braking helping to minimize any impact and damage. If the speed is less than 30 km/h, the car may be brought to a complete stop prior to impact.
MY12 Outback Manufacturer’s List Pricing*
*Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive away price of Subaru vehicles consumers should be advised to contact their local authorised Subaru dealer.
Outback 2.5i manual $37,490
Outback 2.5i Lineartronic CVT automatic $39,490
Outback 2.0D manual $40,990
Outback 2.0D Premium manual $46,990
Outback 2.5i Premium manual $42,990
Outback 2.5i Premium Lineartronic CVT automatic $44,990
Outback 3.6R Premium automatic $57,490