As Aussie buyers are faced with a mountain of different SUV/4×4 choices, OzRoamer broke down each category across both vehicle types with a view to helping buyers find exactly the right 4×4 or SUV for their needs.
In total, OzRoamer put to the test dozens of vehicles through 2017 before naming a field of more than 65 different finalists.
Those finalists, across 14 different categories, range from compact SUVs/Crossovers to 4×4 dual-cab utes.
OzRoamer Editor in Chief, Rob Fraser, says the wide field of potential award candidates this year is good news for buyers.
“By breaking down the categories into those that best represent consumers buying decisions and parameters, the buyers guide enables consumers to compare vehicles in a logical fashion and really get a feel for each individual offering in their chosen segment.
“All the vehicles nominated in these awards are strong contenders and hold individual merit, however the winners highlight class-leading attributes and those that offer the coveted combination of outstanding design, functionality, performance and value for money.”
Toyota and Audi fared best overall with three category wins each.
2017 OzRoamer 4×4 and SUV of the Year Award Winners:
- SUV under $45,000 Award – Subaru XV 2.0i S CVT AWD
- AWD SUV $45,000 – $60,000 Award – Honda CRV VTi-LX AWD
- 4WD $45,000 – $60,000 Award – Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L
- 7 Seat 4WD $45,000- $60,000 Award – Isuzu MU-X LST
- 7 Seat AWD SUV $45,000 – $60,000 Award – Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD
- AWD SUV $60,000 – $80,000 Award – Audi Q5 2.0 TDi Sport Quattro
- 4WD $60,000 – $80,000 Award – Toyota Landcruiser Prado GX Auto
- 7 Seat 4WD $60,000 – $80,000 Award – Toyota Fortuner Crusade
- 7 Seat AWD SUV $60,000 – $80,000 Award – Kia Sorento GT LINE 2.2L CDI
- AWD SUV $80,000 – $100,000 Award – Jaguar F Pace 25D R Sport
- 4WD $80,000 – $100,000 Award – Toyota Prado Kakadu DiD
- Prestige SUV over $100,000 Award – Audi Q7 Tdi Quattro 200kw
- Prestige Sports SUV Award – Audi SQ7 V8 TDi
- Dual Cab Ute Award – Holden Colorado LTZ
Check out full details on the OzRoamer Awards, as well as in-depth review of the winners and nominated vehicles here.