YOU CAN ALSO USE YOUR USB CONNECTION FOR SATNAV. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS AS PER BLUETOOTH. YOU MIGHT NEED TO UNPLUG YOUR CORD THEN PLUG IT IN AGAIN. SOMETIMES YOUR CAR STEREO GETS A BIT CRANKY-PANTS AND FREEZES. WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO.
You’ll find the problem is Bluetooth. I know we’ve been here before and published several articles on the subject and the fix is the same. Switch the car audio to bluetooth input, and you’re away. For some reason most of the iPhone Satnav Apps want to put the sound through the car system, which is thoughtful of them. However there is no warning and few instructions. The next problem is music because obviously you can’t have the car radio on. If you want radio, you must disconnect the phone streaming. If that fails you must disconnect the phone completely. This all depends on the car system and varies with each model. You’ll get no help from Apple, and the car makers say the problem is with the phone manufacturer. Navigon never respond so don’t bother asking them. Here are the steps in dot point:
Using the CAR speakers (NOTE:- you can NOT use your car radio while using bluetooth streaming)
1. Turn on satnav on your phone
2. Turn car audio to bluetooth NEW:- YOU MAY ALSO USE YOUR USB CORD
3. Use satnav as per normal (music can be streamed from your library)
Using the PHONE speakers (NOTE:- your car radio can be used as normal)
1. Disconnect bluetooth streaming
2. Turn on Satnav on your phone
3. Use Satnav as normal (if no sound through phone speaker step 4)
4. If no sound via phone speaker disconnect bluetooth completely then use satnav normally.
Using option 2 , step 4, means calls will not be made or received via the car’s audio system.