- Highly-anticipated, first-ever Golf R Wagon to be offered in limited numbers as Wolfsburg Edition model
- Golf R hatch Wolfsburg Edition also offered in limited numbers concurrently with the existing Golf R model
- Named after the home of Volkswagen, Wolfsburg Edition Golf R models offer exclusive features and enhanced specification over standard Golf R
Sydney, 20th July – Volkswagen Australia is pleased to announce the impending arrival of the limited run Wolfsburg Edition Golf R models, which also introduces the hotly anticipated Golf R Wagon, available solely in Wolfsburg Edition specification.
The Wolfsburg name is as synonymous with Volkswagen as the very first Beetle that was produced in the German town these special edition models are named after. Wolfsburg is the home of Volkswagen’s global operations, and the iconic ‘wolf and castle’ emblem that adorns the Golf R and Golf R Wagon Wolfsburg Edition cars is a tribute to the ancestral roots of the Volkswagen brand.
Adding a unique, higher specification over the standard Golf R hatch, the Golf R and Golf R Wagon Wolfsburg Edition models include a number of key distinguishing features. Key specification highlights include:
- Choice of three exterior colours including the exclusive Oryx White Pearl
- Carbon Nappa leather appointed upholstery with individually heated front seats
- Black Pretoria 19” alloy wheels (4)
- Black door mirror covers
- Black roof rails (Wagon)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB)
- Proactive occupant protection system
- Blind Spot Monitor with rear traffic alert
- Wolfsburg crest badge
The comprehensive equipment package adds a retail price premium of just $1,750 to the Golf R series model, arriving at a recommended retail price of $56,990. At $58,990, the Golf R Wagon Wolfsburg Edition carries a $2,000 wagon premium.
With such a high level of