January 2016 was when Kia launched the fourth generation of the Sportage Compact SUV into the Australian market.
About 2 1/2 years later the increasingly popular brand is upgrading the mid-size Sportage with a mid-model life enhancement.
The key refinements include:
- Diesel drivetrain gains eight-speed auto
- Revised suspension brings more refined and compliant ride
- Revised subframe and steering geometry for better responsiveness
- AEB and Lane Keep Assist across the range
2019 Kia Sportage Range
For the Australian market the new Sportage will be available in four trim levels – Si, Si Premium, SLi and GT-Line.
There’s a choice of three engines:
- a 2.0-litre MPI (114kW and 192 Nm) – Si, Si Premium and SLi
- a 2.4-litre Theta GDI (135kW and 237Nm) – GT-Line
- a 2.0-litre diesel (136kW and 400Nm) – all grades
And a choice of two transmissions:
- Six-speed automatic (petrol)
- Eight-speed automatic (diesel)
The 2018 Kia Sportage update sees som