David Brown chats with Hyundai Kona’s designer, Kevin Kang
Kona is the smart new small SUV from Korean car maker, Hyundai.
The Hyundai Kona comes in
- One body style
- But in reality two different cars
- 2WD Version comes with
- 2.0 L 4 Cylindar petrol engine
- Producing 110kW @ 6,200rpm of power & 180Nm @ 4,500rpm of torque
- mated to a 6 speed Automatic Transmission
- AWD Version comes with
- 1.6 l Turbo 4 cylinder engine
- Producing 130Kw @ 5,500 rpm of power and 265 Nm from 1,500 – 4,500 rpm of torque
- mated to a 7 speed DCT
- Four models in the line up
- Active plus Safety pack
Its designer is keen to tell us about his inspiration for the look and feel. Not short of a word, Kevin goes into detail.
Also see my chat in the car with Kevin here.
Rob Fraser from AnyAuto reviewed Kona here.
Driven Media’s David Brown reviewed Hyundai’s other SUV, the new Sorento, here
Peter Barnwell’s thoughts on Kona can be seen here on Behind the Wheel.